Peter Davenport

Businessman & Russian Translator

When the founder of NUFORC retired, he took over running the National UFO Reporting Center.

Peter Davenport took over the National UFO Reporting Center in Washington when the founder, Robert Gribble, retired. NUFORC began in 1974. It has over 90,000 reported sightings. Davenport ran the center and maintained the data reported through the phone and website.

An average of 40 reportings came in daily. According to Davenport 90 percent of those recorded are not credible, but the other 10 percent are what kept him motivated. He used his own funds and the occasional donation to run the center. The first public announcement of the O'Hare event was made by NUFORC. It was Davenport who reached out to journalist Jon Hilkevitch with the Chicago Tribune.


A selection of most relevant videos related to Peter Davenport.


A selection of most relevant documents related to Peter Davenport.

Related Incidents

Related People

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.